Why do I do this to myself? I have too many open tabs again. What is open waiting for to go back and read?
1. On Graduation - http://www.wholefamily.com/aboutteensnow/school/graduation1.html –
“Newsflash: There is no such thing as Graduation, only a series of small graduations, continually.”
“We are always graduating from something, and moving on to something else. It's just that we don't always celebrate accordingly; we don't always recognize the magnitude of what has just transpired, of what we've finished. Or of what we're about to start.”
“But there is never a party afterwards, never a ceremony.
Because real life, unlike school, is too fluid for that. In fact, so fluid that people often miss these advances in awareness entirely. Our job, I think, is to recognize them for what they are: the real deal.
Whatever it is we decide to do, I think our real work is to keep on becoming, in thoughtful, proactive strokes. To keep moving through the water, even as we try to figure out the undercurrents.”
2. Creating a path through your twenties -- http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2007/03/16/coachology-creating-a-path-to-through-your-twenties/
3. 101 Science.com - http://101science.com/
4. Create a practice stock market portfolio for free - http://www.freelyeducate.com/2011/01/create-a-practice-stock-market-portfolio-for-free.html
5. I didn’t know something was missing - http://www.alanknox.net/2011/01/i-didnt-know-something-was-missing/
“Our experience with crab rangoon illustrates something that I’ve learned about Christians and the church, especially when it comes to fellowship, discipleship, edification, community, service, etc.
Often, it turns out, Christians have never really experienced these things before. But, they don’t realized that they’re missing something until they begin experiencing it for the first time.”
“When people move away from “fellowship” as a covered dish meal, and their eyes are opened to how they can experience the community of the Holy Spirit with one another, they begin to see what they’ve been missing. When those who are following Jesus Christ step away from “discipleship classes” and truly begin to share life with one another, they also start to understand what they’ve been missing.”
6. Could you pass the Canadian Citizenship test? - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp
7. Free bible study software - http://hearts-in-training.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-bible-study-software
8. I think I am going to download SKYPE so I can chat with Stephanie. :o) http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/
9. Fusefly – a social network for homeschoolers -- http://www.fusefly.com/pg/static_content/parent_information/
“What makes FuseFly different from other social networks?
This innovative site was created by homeschoolers for homeschoolers. FuseFly allows both teens ages thirteen and up and their parents to share information, meet new homeschoolers and organize group activities all over the world.
FuseFly will help you make homeschooling connections globally, not just locally.
Like many of the homeschool gatherings that you attend locally, parents and teens are in the same location, yet each have own area to socialize. FuseFly can be used to reach any mix of the homeschooling community, but is also divided into parent and student sections, giving both groups the opportunity to reach out to their peers. The entire site is family-friendly though, so we have built-in resources for reporting abuse, blocking offensive language and maintaining a positive atmosphere for everyone involved. “
10. Jordan is looking into learning about survival training. Here is a course he may consider - http://boreal.net/
11. “We all want to get more done in less time. If you look at magazine covers and article headlines, they all promise you ways to do more stuff. At the same time, we all feel the pressure of our to-do lists, our calendars, our phone, our email. Is it possible that the answer to doing more is to actually reduce our responsibilities? To do less?
Let Me Tell You a Story…” - http://productivity.yourway.net/are-you-packing-too-heavy/
12. Keeping a one sentence journal -- http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2007/08/why-i-started-k.html
13. Secrets of adulthood - http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/secrets-of-adulthood.html
14. 15 STEPS TO CULTIVATE LIFE LONG LEARNING - http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/15-steps-to-cultivate-lifelong-learning.html
15. I need to include our SPELLING WISDOM program in our schedule next week.