1. news on the Duggar family - http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b221982_find_out_michelle_duggars_latest.html
2. printable home maintenance log - http://organizing.yourway.net/printable-home-maintenance-log/
3. free online games - http://internetgames.about.com/od/gamereviews/u/choose.htm#s1?nl=1
4. what my children taught me -- http://www.besthomeschooling.org/articles/helen_hegener.html
5. organizing tip from a newsletter -- Everyone loses receipts. I labelled an envelope with each of the main stores I shop at. I keep the envelopes in a small letter holder right in my kitchen. I only keep the receipts that may have something of importance on them, like a high ticket item or a warranty item. All other receipts get thrown out.
6. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11 (New International Version)
7. Self-Education Resource List -- The internet is an invaluable resource to self-educated learners. Below is a list of some of the most helpful sites out there including open courseware materials, free libraries, learning communities, educational tools, and more. -- http://selfmadescholar.com/b/self-education-resource-list/
9. “ People who have the assurance of salvation give off a glow of love, gentleness, and patience. People who try to be a light end up a short-circuited neon sign with an annoying buzz. They end up a cheap replica powered by the need to be approved.” Serena Woods
10. This article was so good! - LOVE IS THE POINT -- http://www.likeawarmcupofcoffee.com/home/2011/01/5681/
11. I might like to read this book: http://thecreamontop.bigcartel.com/product/grace-is-for-sinners
“The church is notoriously inept at church discipline. I hope this book is a balm of healing for many wounded people.” -Philip Yancey, ‘What’s So Amazing About Grace?’
Serena Woods' autobiographical account of her experience with grace minces no words. 'Grace Is For Sinners' is a gritty reflection of what moral failure looks like within the glass doors of Christianity. Serena's transparency regarding her sin and the aftermath would have been enough to challenge most, but she doesn't stop there. She goes on to challenge the church's response to Christians who sin with an in depth study of the Bible. Out of context scripture is used to condemn the sinner, but Serena found the in-context grace that saturates the Gospel. Her defense of the salvation power of Jesus is found in 'Grace Is For Sinners'!
12. I had to restart my computer and needed to save my open tabs, this is what was open:
13. My ten year anniversary with God -- http://www.incourage.me/2011/01/my-ten-year-anniversary-with-god.html -
“I am coming up on my ten-year anniversary of being a follower of Jesus Christ. What most people do not know about me is that the same anniversary marks my ten-year anniversary of being off of narcotics.
I quit getting high about a week before I surrendered my life to the Lord. In the last few months, I have found my thoughts wondering back to the day where I could escape from reality by using substances. I found myself thinking a little too fondly of those days and keeping it a secret, which scared me. A lot……….. “
14. Ryan Dunn asks:
Wouldn't it be beautiful if church were something like Cheers? Wouldn't it be beautiful if church were an environment in which people felt drawn, welcomed, integral, and wanting to share life within? I think it would be. When church is done right, that's just what it is. But, if we critically look at most churches, it's evident many aren't built for community.
15. Context and Question: Jesus has always blessed his Church with gifted teachers. Unique to our day is the increased accessibility of these teachers. How should we make the most out of these resources while at the same time being committed to the local church? Could you give practical advice on the way forward? Francis Chan’s Answer: http://newleaven.com/2011/01/14/francis-chan-on-celebrity-status/
16. http://calnewport.com/blog/2011/01/21/of-pre-med-schedules-and-the-possibility-of-finishing-your-work-before-dinner/ -- “I don’t claim that Nathan represents a specific system that all pre-med students should follow. To me, he’s just a nice example of a more fundamental observation: the happiest students are those who take control of their academic experience, molding it to fit their own ideal of a life well-lived.”
17. How to Be a High School Superstar: A Revolutionary Plan to Get into College by Standing Out (Without Burning Out) -- http://calnewport.com/books/highschool.html
18. i am not afraid to fall -- http://www.graceisforsinners.com/life/im-not-afraid-to-fall/
“A difference exists between living in fear of sin and living in the freedom of grace. I’m not afraid. I know that I’ll make mistakes, but I see it as a part of life. Learning, growing, and becoming.
I’m also not afraid of someone else’s sin. I don’t feel the need to jump all over them when they’re wobbling in morality. It’s how people learn. I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit and the ability for them to be guided by it. God doesn’t panic or fly into a tirade over our failures. We shouldn’t either. Patience made possible by faith that the grace of Jesus will not exclude anyone, no matter how numerous or damaging their failures.”