Thursday, November 25, 2010
Isaiah 1:11-17 (New International Version)
11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?” says the LORD.
“I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.
Your hands are full of blood!
16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.
I so wanted to sleep in today but my body disagreed with me. :o( So I was up and having coffee by 8am.
Yesterday I went shopping in the city with my mom. I think she managed to get all her xmas shopping done on one trip. Way to go mom!
1. Jordan bought himself a new iPod Touch yesterday. He totally loves his new toy. And now Deanna is drooling over it and she wants “a shiny new toy too”. LOL! I could have predicted that one coming.
2. Deanna worked hard on her Arts Extravaganza project yesterday (and today… it is almost finished!) Who knew there was such an array of outrageous fashion out there?
3. pet potty area – When I looked out the window this morning, I noticed someone had shoveled a path and a large area that was clearly meant to be a pet potty area. I figured Jordan had done it, but he said no. Then I assumed maybe Wes had done it but once again I was wrong… it was DEANNA!! She said she was tired of the pets doing their “business” where she had to walk so she made the potty area for them. Great thinking Deanna!
4. old ipod – so while I was at Future Shop yesterday I asked about getting Jordan’s old iPod fixed (I think it needs a battery) but the salesman told me it can’t be done. Well there was another guy behind me who spoke up and told me that it could be done, you could buy a kit at London Drugs or check out Youtube for how to videos. Awesome info to have. Thank you to the stranger at Future Shop.
5. writing practice Jordan -- I had Jordan work on writing out a Bible verse for his friend’s blessing birthday party this Saturday. He has really good handwriting when he wants to. He told me he had to go pretty slow though.
6. eat pray love -- I bought the movie Eat,Pray,Love yesterday at Costco. It is a great movie, we had to watch it when I got home last night. So many good one liners in it. I love the character of Richard… we all need a Richard in our lives.
7. spelling problems with weird -- yesterday while I was shopping in the city, I get a phone call from Deanna asking me to how to spell weird. I informed her that is one word that I constantly spell wrong. But I gave what I thought was the correct spelling (i before e except after c). She even asked her dad how to spell it and he gave them same answer (with the same reasoning of i before e). So while I was editing her paper today, it turns out we had spelled weird wrong. She was none impressed with us. But I advised her to double check with a dictionary or Google or something next time there is a word in question. LOL!
8. merry wednesday --- I picked up a little treat for the kids while I was in the city and when I got home I handed it over to them with the greeting “Merry Wednesday!”. They tell me today they should have more Merry Wednesdays!
9. how to sew a button and other nifty things your grandmother knew by erin bried -- http://www.amazon.ca/How-Sew-Button-Things-Grandmother/dp/0345518756 – I picked up this book yesterday while I was at Michael’s. I think it is going to be a great fun resource for “home ec class”. :o)
10. not the monitor… something is wrong with the pc…. grrrr --- Wes came home tonight and noticed that my desktop computer was having issues STILL!!! I thought the problem was my monitor BUT tonight the picture on the monitor was all broke and pixelated (is that a word?). So now I have no idea what the problem is. I am not a happy camper.