Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Interruptions are my ministry

This guy (who just happens to be named Guy -- :oP) has hit the nail on the head for how I feel about my “spiritual gift”.  I help people when they need me.  I like how he shows this is just as much a ministry as an intentional ministry.  You can read the whole article here – (http://guymuse.blogspot.com/2010/10/interruptions-are-my-ministry.html).

-----

One of my mottos is "ministry happens." I think that at least 90% of the ministry that happens in the gospels is spontaneous. Jesus was headed from one place to another and an opportunity would present itself. Jesus was willing to get off the beaten path and take the road less traveled. He didn't see them as detours or dead ends. Too often we mistake human interruptions for divine appointments. --from a Mark Batterson message entitled "Wild Goose Chase."

-----

What if God also has "to do" lists? What if God has on his list today for Juán to call me and see about our getting together for coffee at 2:15 this afternoon and talk about his problems?
When I seriously pray, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done..." am I not in effect saying, "Lord, your "to do" list has priority. Your agenda today takes precedence over my own." While meeting Juán at 2:15 may not be on my list, I would be foolish to blow off meeting Juan at 2:15 if he is on God's list.

No comments: