Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When an adult took standardized tests forced on kids

 

I came across this article the other day – “When an adult took standardized tests forced on kids”.  How would an adult do on a standardized test given to grade 10 students?

The test taker had this to say about his results (which weren’t great):

“It might be argued that I’ve been out of school too long, that if I’d actually been in the 10th grade prior to taking the test, the material would have been fresh. But doesn’t that miss the point? A test that can determine a student’s future life chances should surely relate in some practical way to the requirements of life. I can’t see how that could possibly be true of the test I took.”

 

Read the article here - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/when-an-adult-took-standardized-tests-forced-on-kids/2011/12/05/gIQApTDuUO_blog.html

No comments: