Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Anyone like salad recipes???

These are recipes I found while surfing around the net. Do you have any you would like to share? I want to collect different salad recipes to get more veggies and fruits into my families diet.
Rae's Tostada Salad
(For a family of 6 - smile - downsize as you wish)
2 heads greenleaf lettuce (chopped small)
1 or 2 peppers (you choose color - I liked red) cut in strips
3 cups frozen corn (thawed by pouring boiling water over and then let cool)
Toss with 1/2 bag tortilla chips
Chopped celery - opt.
Grilled chicken cut in strips - opt (but very good!)
(You could even add in grated mozza cheese or parmesan if cost and calories wasn't a problem....)
Pour Roasted Red Pepper Salad Dressing (1/4 to 1/2 cup) over and toss well. Very, very nice. Unique flavor and presentation.
*********
Here is another salad I want to try soon. A friend is raving about it.Spinach, walnuts and sliced pears, toppedwith chicken breast and gouda cheese. The dressing was balsamic vinaigrette.
*************************
I love salads. I usually like to make several at the beginning of the week to put out for meals. Then, in the summer if I just cook hamburgers or something plain, the salads dress up every meal.
One I make often is just tossed lettuce, green onion, almonds, sunflower seeds and canned mandarin oranges, drained. The dressing is 1/2 oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 sugar, 3 tbsp. poppy seeds.
I also often make bean salad with green and yellow beans (I usually use canned), garbanzo beans, kidney beans, onion and parsley. The dressing is 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp basil, 1 tsp salt.

No comments: