Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Church Information

Today, as a learning assignment, I had Jordan work on a employment application for a Christian camp (found it online).  He is not applying for a job, but I figured the practice of filling out an application plus with the added questions that would be asked because it is a Christian camp would be beneficial for him.

One section of the application asked about church information.  Questions such as who is your pastor, what is the name of your church you attend, are you a member of a church, and more.  Well we do not participate in the traditional and well accepted forms of church used in Christian culture.  So how would we answer these questions with respect?  After a discussion, we came to the conclusion that we could answer with verses from the Bible.

This is what I came up with tonight.  (We will finish our discussion tomorrow as a family.)

 

Church Information


Church Attendance: ❑ Regular ❑ Occasional ❑ Seldom 
Any chance I get.


For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.  (Matthew 18:20)

The Fellowship of the Believers (From Acts 2) - 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.


Are you a member of a church? ❑ Yes ❑ No
Yes, I am member of the church universal (a part in the body of Christ) and an ekklesia (gathering) that meets in homes.
Romans 12: 4 & 5  -- 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:27 -  27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
1 Corinthians 16:19 - 19 The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house
.

Church Name: There is no designated name/label for Christ's church.

Definition: Church (or Ekklesia) - - http://www.alanknox.net/2011/04/definition-church-or-ekklesia/


City:  We gather wherever we can or are called to.

Head Pastor:  Ezekiel 34:15 - 15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD.
Jesus declared in John 10 -   14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Phone:  Jeremiah 33:3 - 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Other Pastor:  John 14:26 - 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Acts 1:2 - " ...giving instructions through the Holy Spirit... "

No comments: