Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

day and hour that no man knows????

http://beit-simcha.blogspot.com/2010/08/feast-of-trumpets-yom-teruah-part-1.html

In ancient Israel, two witnesses in agreement sighted the first sliver of the new moon to determine each new month. Since no one knew the exact hour of the new moon’s appearance before hand, it kept people in a continual state of alertness, watching in the heavens to declare the glory of YHVH.

Now, because the first sighting of the new moon couldn't be *predicted*, the Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah) always begins on a day and hour that no man knows. Does that phrase sound familiar?

Think about that. All preparations for this Feast had to be made in advance. What a wonderful way to set the record straight as to just Who is in control, huh? I don't know about you, but I sure do need these reminders. Guarding and 'tending' this Feast is a favorite of mine because of that!


click on the link to read the while post, these are just three points that I wanted to reference

I have been reading a book about the end times and I have an interest in the Feasts, so this has me intrigued. 

No comments: