Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

BEARING THE FAILINGS OF THE WEAK

http://stepthruthescriptures.lionelwoods.net/bearing-the-failing-of-the-weak/

The beginning of this post spoke to me today:

Paul says: Now we who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up (Rom. 15:1-2) . Those are some pretty powerful words to consider.
I have a person in my life who I would consider one of the "weak", and to see that I am to bear with this person's failings and not please myself in these hurtful situations that they continue to present, can be very hard sometimes.  You know what I mean... I really want to defend myself, poke back a hurt, do something to let this person know I am ticked off by their actions.  Luckily I have never been a fighter so I find it easier to not retaliate but sometimes my mind races with ways to fight back.  But I am practical enough to know that any hurtful things I may want to do will not help the situation at all, and it will certainly do nothing for the relationship I have with this person.

So the new challenge for me in these types of situations to is find a way to help build up the other person.  Hmmmm???  This will be an interesting and challenging task.

No comments: