Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

“All that matters is that they follow the Lord, that they live only for the Lord.” ------ Follow. Live only for.

Ann Voskamp has done it again.  Her writing always tugs at my heart strings.  Today's entry, the tug was a little harder.  I encourage you to read the whole entry - ( http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/09/where-in-world-in-all-this-world-is-god.html ).  But this portion really spoke to me because I struggle to keep this lesson in mind in raising my kids.  But tonight, I am reminded once again...




We ask them about dreams, do they have dreams for their children?


What are your dreams for your children when you live in a dump? What are your prayers? What is your hope in all this decaying mess? What is His house number? Is the tomb really empty?


I can’t imagine this either, how he’s going to answer. He’s a father living on a garbage heap.


His black eyes circle all of ours.


“It doesn’t matter to us what our children grow up to become or do.” His voice is gentle, certain. I lean forward, praying he will still dream. Please, still pray. Even if

And he does and the most important of all and I didn’t see it coming.


All that matters is that they follow the Lord, that they live only for the Lord.”


Where did all this flooding light come from?


My chin wobbles hard and I let’s go. It doesn’t matter what garbage heap you live on, we all recycle only this, this the only dream prayer of all the filthy ragged ones on this circling globe.  


Follow. Live only for.   "

No comments: