1. why is every church not like this? - http://www.alanknox.net/2010/10/why-is-every-church-not-like-this/
2. steel cut oatmeal for the crockpot - http://www.food.com/recipe/steel-cut-oatmeal-for-the-crock-pot-101101
3. own your own beauty - http://www.blogher.com/authentic-mothers-body?from=nethed
Own Your Beauty is a groundbreaking, year-long movement bringing women together to change the conversation about what beauty means. Our mission: to encourage and remind grown women that it is never too late to learn to love one's self and influence the lives of those around us - our mothers, friends, children, neighbors. We can shift our minds and hearts and change the path we follow in the pursuit of authentic beauty.
4. Lee Valley catalogs - https://www.leevalley.com/en/home/OnlineCatalogs.aspx
6. momentary troubles, eternal reward - http://www.incourage.me/2010/10/momentary-troubles-eternal-reward.html
7. resources for young writers - http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/resources
8. young novelist workbooks - http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/workbooks
9. free spelling course - http://www.splashesfromtheriver.com/spelling/courseoutline.htm
10. in praise of slow - http://www.carlhonore.com/?page_id=6
11. church life series (read from the bottom up to read in order) - http://www.alanknox.net/category/church-life/page/3/
12. what happened to biblical holidays? - http://heartofwisdom.com/biblicalholidays/?p=367
13. Stephanie’s home school plans - http://livinglifeonhisterms.blogspot.com/2010/09/homeschool-2010-2011.html
Vocabulary - Tom will continue in the Wordly Wise website, on level 5. Once that is complete he will move up to the next level. I really like using this site, as it has the audio, which helps him pronounce words he has never seen before. I require each of the boys to keep a Growing Dictionary of words from this site, and our other subjects. Each card has to have the word at the top, the definitions, and parts of speech.
14. kids and internet safety - http://thrivinginthe21stcentury.blogspot.com/2010/10/kids-and-internet-safety.html
okay… now back to work.