Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

what if we lived Jesus to each other?

 

A heart convicting article I read this morning (and a reoccurring theme/lesson in my life):

He won't give up on me...
so how can I give up on you? ... What if we lived Jesus to each other?

a portion of the article says:

We are a society of quitters. Estranged parents, abandoned spouses, and spurned friends all can testify. And I myself have added to the suffering, turning aside those who were hurting, disobedient or just confused.

We have all kinds of terms in this society to justify turning people away. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." "God helps those who help themselves," and "The ball is in his court," "I deserve to be happy," and other such nonsense. Will any of those arguments hold up when we come face to face with Him?

God didn’t give up on me. What gives me the right to give up on them?

You can read the complete article at http://redletterbelievers.blogspot.com/2008/01/hound-of-heaven.html

No comments: