Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Daybook…

(This post inspired from - http://aplacetowrite-susan.blogspot.com/2011/07/daybook-feeling-unsettled.html)

Outside my window...... it is getting darker because of the clouds and the rain that is on its way.  It is nice to have the temperatures cooling off for the day.

I am thinking......  about parenting teens, home schooling teens, etc.  This is not an easy task.  How do I prepare them for their life?

From the Learning Room......  no scheduled academics happening here but lots of life learning.  Deanna is caring for 2 orphaned kittens.  Jordan is working on the ranch, it is harvesting season. 

I am thankful for......  the stability of my life, my community of friends and family, and for grace.

From the kitchen......  I am bored where cooking is concerned.  Maybe it is time to watch some cooking shows again for inspiration.

I am reading.......  a book Jordan wanted me to read called “The Ishbane Conspiracy” By Randy Alcorn.  It is making me ponder about spiritual warfare and the battle that goes on unseen in the spiritual realm.  (Ephesians 6:12 - For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. )

I am hoping.......  that the new kittens start eating food soon and drinking from a bowl.  At what age do kittens usually start doing this?

I am creating......  nothing right now.  I am not sure if I ever create anything?

I am listening to............  a documentary about dragons that the kids are watching in the living room.

Around the house........  it is messy and cluttered, but that is normal for my house. 

One of my favorite things......  looking at pictures and taking a walk down memory lane.  Maybe I will make a cup of tea and take a walk down memory lane tonight.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week.................  Jordan turns 16 at the end of the week.  I should make some kind of plan for that milestone birthday.  Other then that, I don’t have plans.

No comments: