I have been keeping track of what Christopher has been doing for school and such but haven’t had the chance to share what Deanna has been doing. So I have been doing some detective work through my photos and such to remind me. Here is what I found:
EXPERIENCES since June 2012:
- Camp Stumpy multiple times this summer. She made the annual memory stone without Johanna and Nicole. We sure missed the Murray’s this year.
- She bought a new bunny in the Summer whom she named Moonshine.
- She helped with the roofing project at Paul and Lori’s.
- We attended a play that a group of home schooler’s put on called “Tumbleweeds”. Our friends Johanna, Nicole and Sarah were in it.
- She attended a mud bog at Dickson with some friends and the Canada Day parade in Spruce View.
- Her bunny Ginger had babies.
- On Wednesday’s she has been going to Red Deer to be a part of Knighthaven (but yet not be a part of it). :) She doesn’t get involved in the sword fighting but she has participated as a princess and a healer. (You can see her in the background of this picture in her princess garb.)
- She attended an week long art workshop at Red Deer College in August.
- She has been doing quite a bit of art since too. Charcoal drawing seem to be her favorite right now.
- she had a new litter of piglets born in August
- and then there was the zombie walk in Red Deer (she is in the red and black dress in the front)
- the suicide of Amanda Todd seemed to have affected her, she participated on suicide prevention day
- after Jordan bought his own swords for Knighthaven, they spent quite a bit if time practicing their skills together. Jordan said she was pretty good.
- and she finally got her learners licence!!!
- she was offered the possibility of getting a job in town (a no-no before 16 in our family) if she would get her learners, sell all her pets and a couple of other stipulations. So she has been working towards that since September.
- she was given a raise from the ranch this summer and she finally overcame her fear of driving the large tractors. She drove the largest one we have and she LOVED it!
- she has been training her cousin Christopher to take over the trapping moles job here at the ranch.
- She has decided she is not a Christian. She states she believes there is a higher power but doesn’t know what to name it. She really hates religion (rules, etc).
- She has a gift for writing poetry and has written numerous poems off the top of her head this year.
- She likes to communicate through writing and so has been contributing to her blog quite regularly. Her blog is currently called – The “Fine” Thoughts of a Lost Lonely Heart and can be read here - http://deanna-theworldismycanvas.blogspot.ca/
- We have been watching and discussing the reality show on TLC called “Breaking Amish”. http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/breaking-amish
- She is currently participating in the Christmas season with the Sundre Community Choir. The concert will be December 8th.
For her “school” time she is using the following resources:
- GIRLS LIKE US
- HOW TO BE #1 WITH YOUR BOSS
- THINKING TOOLBOX
- KISSES FROM KATIE
- HOT X ALGEBRA
- ONCE UPON A LIFETIME
- TEACHING TEXTBOOKS ALGEBRA 1
These pictures are from the journal she is creating using the “Once Upon a Lifetime” book.