Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Island Girl

I just finished reading this book today.  http://www.amazon.com/Island-Girl-Lynda-Simmons/dp/0425237249

I don’t read many novels, but this one pulled me in quickly and kept me glued to the story and the characters.  I really loved all three of the main characters – Ruby, Liz and Grace.  They were so real to me, so flawed, lives so messy.  They felt like they could have been family.  Smile 

The book came to me via a comment on a website about having the right to choose death for oneself in critical health conditions.  Ruby, the mother in the story has early onset Alzheimer's and she won’t have no disease dictate to her the kind of life she will live.  But her family is broken and she desperately wants to make things to her liking before it is too late. 

Each of the characters must heal various relationships… with others… with themselves.  By the end, I was in tears.  And I don’t cry easily. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome - can I borrow it?