Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

if you give a 13 year old boy a cookie...

This afternoon I was sitting with my daughter as we tried to cram for the library's summer reading program enjoy some literary stimulation. I was reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie for the 3,722,185th time in my life, when the 13-year-old wandered in to ask me for something listen and reminisce about his sweet preschool years.



We finished reading and closed the book. My son asked if I could fix him something to eat. Of course he did, because it had been a shocking TWELVE minutes since lunch, and how could an adolescent boy possibly be expected to survive that long without food?



As I asked him what was wrong with his own two legs got up to graciously fix him something, I was inspired by the circumstances to flex my own literary muscle. Hence, this (with a sincere hat tip and apology to this).


click on the link to read the whole entry and the story... especially if you have ever lived with a teenage boy.  :o)
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2010/07/if-you-give-a-thirteenyearold-boy-a-cookie.html

No comments: