Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finding and Cultivating your Passion

One of my hopes for home educating my teens is that they will be able to find their passion in life and have the time to pursue it.  But I have no idea on HOW to make that happen.  When does one find their passion?  My nephew has his already and he is only 8.  Do I know what my passion is?

Anyway, over at ZEN HABITS there is a guest post about cultivating your passion.  It is very good, great practical advice.  http://zenhabits.net/cultivating-passion/

From the article: 

“You need to be exposed to many things,” she told me. “You should expose yourself even though you might not know if you’ll be interested.”
When you find something that catches your attention: follow-up; see if it sticks.
In other words, discovering passion requires a dedication to unstructured exploration.

No comments: