GOOD MORNING! My internal alarm clock seems to be set this week. I continue to wake up some time between 7-7:30am each day. Which is good and bad. Good because getting up at this time allows me to get more done in my day. Bad because I am still keeping night owl hours, so waking up at this hour leaves me feeling pretty groggy.
I spent yesterday working on my kitchen, decluttering all the cupboards one at a time. I have 2 left to do today. I have a large stack of stuff to give away… some to the thrift store and I think perhaps some to Deanna’s Hope Chest. It feels so good to finally be decluttering. Next on the list for this week is the office and bathrooms.
Last night we watched a couple of movies. The first one was INCEPTION. That one left me thinking at the end of it. The second movie was THE LAST AIR BENDER (which is a M. Night Shyamalan movie to my surprise). Jordan really enjoyed it and will be looking for the second one when it comes out.
So… how about some rabbit trails for today:
1. Lori asked me yesterday to send her some journal pages I had found online a few months ago. Well the pdf file was on my old (not working) computer, I searched for them online but could not remember the name of the blog I had found them. And then this morning, Terry (an online friend via yahoo groups) sent in a link for these neat journal pages she had found and guess what…. they were from the blog I had been looking for. Such a great gift this morning. :o) http://www.graceisoverrated.com/p/journal-pages.html
2. Yesterday we were discussing different bible versions and Jordan asked what an amplified bible was. So of course we had to look it up (http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/Amplified-Bible-AMP/). It sounds like a good version to have a round for study purposes.
3. I love this idea of putting together packages like this to give out to those who need them. http://www.joyshope.com/2010/11/i-heart-big-hearts.html
4. Love, love, LOVE this idea! Now I want to go back to when my kids were little and start over. :o) -- http://racheldenbow.blogspot.com/2010/12/home-for-holidays-ashley-campbells.html
5. Mamalena had me pondering eternal life yesterday while I was cleaning. What is eternal life? There is a verse she gives us to consider – John 17:3 – “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” --- http://mamalenasporch.blogspot.com/2010/12/eternal-kind-of-life.html
6. Job shadowing… something I hope to have my kids do. - http://www.fiarhq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82997 and http://www.studentadvisor.com/guides/guide-to-internships
7. There are some great free printables for teaching kids here - http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/printables/printables.html
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort,
of feeling safe with a person; having neither
to weigh thoughts nor measure words,
but to pour them all out just as they are,
chaff and grain together,
knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and then, with the breath of kindness,
blow the rest away.
~ Dinah Maria Mulock
9. "To be caught in secret sin is a horrible thing. Only one thing worse. Not to be caught." ~ John Piper via Twitter
10. Daniel Radcliffe singing “The Elements” (of the periodic table)
11. COMPARISON brings death to the soul, but there is a way… http://www.itakejoy.com/comparison-brings-death-to-the-soul/
Okay, okay… I have procrastinated long enough. Time to go and take on the day.