Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It is moments like this…

It is moments like this that I really love home education.  Right now my kids are busy downloading and listening to information that they are all of the sudden interested in.  Jordan mentioned he wanted to know more about trigonometry and was checking out lectures via the iTunes U app I posted earlier but wasn’t really connecting with what he found.  So I introduced him to the Khan Academy website and now he is listening to the lectures there and watching the video tutorials.  Deanna found a treasure of animal lectures and more at the iTunes U app and has been downloading some so she can listen to them tomorrow.  How cool is that? 

It is moments like these that all my fears of not following the regular education route fly away and I know my kids will be okay even though we have chosen the road less travelled.  :)

No comments: