Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Your “calling” is closer than you think…

This post is great.  http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/practical-faith/your-calling-closer-you-think

But this brought it all home…

“This is how I've started looking at calling.

It takes an extraordinary amount of discipline and maturity to live in today, walking step by step doing whatever I'm supposed to do today. It takes discipline to say "I don't know." It takes faith to trust in one-day-at-a-time. It requires me to lay down my desperate, freakish desire for control and trust He is at work.

He knows the reason I was made. If I walk in step with Him every day I will walk into the reason. Maybe I'm here for something big and meaningful, or maybe I'm supposed to pick up rocks so the tractors don't break.

My "calling" is every day.”

No comments: