Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

QUICKBOOKS PRO 2010

So far I must say I am not a fan of Quickbooks Pro.  I was up late last night trying to catch up on my financial responsibilities for our new business (last entry was February, can you tell I am a procrastinator?).   Luckily we don't have a lot of transactions per month so it should not take very long.  HOWEVER I am having trouble speaking the Quickbooks language and using the program.  My accountant set up the whole thing for me (which should make it easier right?), but I just don't know how to do things, or where things go.  It is kind of like walking into someone else's kitchen who has started the meal and trying to take over.  You are an okay cook, you know some of the lingo and techniques of cooking but everything in foreign here in this person's kitchen and you struggle to get the just the basic things done.  And by the end you have messed up the meal, even though it was suppose to be easy.  This is how I feel with Quickbooks right now.  Sigh.

So I sent an email to our accountant about 1am last night, telling her I am struggling and will not get things done one time for year end.  She emailed this morning and it looks I am going for training in September.  I will bring in all my records from when the business started till the official business year end, and she will walk me through the process.  All the monthly entry repetition should help solidify the process in my head and maybe, just maybe, I will do better this coming year.  :o) 

No comments: