Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

hospitality

“I had it wrong for a long time, though. For years, I thought I had to have the perfect house, with the right dishes and the trendiest shade of paint and matching appliances and stemware and perfectly behaved children. I needed a great room and a media room and a powder room off the foyer. Once I got all of that in place, then I could open my home to guests.
I thought that was the key to hospitality. I was wrong.
Those things might be the key to entertaining, but hospitality comes from an altogether different place. It doesn't matter if your house is big or small, modern, shabby chic, or early matrimonial. Hospitality isn't dependent on style. Nope. Hospitality just shows up and settles in wherever there are arms and hearts opened wide.

“Hospitality is big all by itself. It opens up hearts and eases fears and stretches out wide at the end of a frustrating day. It softens hearts and calms and encourages.”

quoted from http://www.jumptandem.net/2011/10/31-days-day-5hospitality-is-huge.html

Love this – “Hospitality just shows up and settles in wherever there are arms and hearts opened wide.””

No comments: